Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day 24: Off the Rails



Well. Things seem to have gone a little awry around here. I started out with the best of intentions, but being Paleo(ish) on a budget has proven to be more difficult than I anticipated. Mainly the budget part. And also, the part where I have to cook...a lot.

Things have really gone off the rails since my race a few weekends ago. I haven't run once since then; in fact, my schedule has been so busy that I haven't exercised at all. Before that, I worked my entire schedule around my morning workout. It was also easier to be more motivated about eating the right things all the time when I was "in training." 

So, where does that leave me? I'm not sure. My goals as far as eating healthy and being healthy have not changed, but I am finding that I just don't want to be so militant about it all. I don't want to beat myself up every time I put something "illegal" in my mouth. 

One thing I will continue no matter what is trying to stay gluten-free. As I've mentioned, I've struggled with hypothyroidism since my early teens, but I was very recently diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis which ups the ante a little since it is an autoimmune disease. Funny thing, though, as soon as I got that diagnosis and I had a real, medically sound reason for avoiding gluten...guess what my brain started craving? 

My busy week of morning appointments is coming to an end, so I am going to commit myself to once again devoting my mornings to exercise starting on Monday. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to keep running or take a break from that and enjoy some nice fall hikes. Hopefully getting back into a routine will help other things fall into place.

I must be doing something right, though, because those pants...they could use a belt these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment