Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 15: Menu Planning, Week 3

This is exactly what meal planning looks like in my house...NOT!
Source

This week is really about using what I've got, since the budget is extra tight. Unfortunately, it also means I may have to be a little looser with my Paleo rules ~ be ish(ish), if you will! Fortunately, however, I do have produce that I did not get around to using last week (that's sort of the story of my life), so I will definitely have to be more disciplined about getting in the kitchen and actually cooking! 



Dinner

Monday: rice pasta with sauce & meatballs
Wednesday: goulash over zucchini
Thursday: mustard chicken thighs with roast vegetables
Friday: pork tenderloin with green beans
Saturday: breakfast for dinner

Lunch

Leftovers
"Stuff" from the back of the pantry

Breakfast

Eggs & bacon

I have a pot of chicken broth on the stove right now, simmering away and making my house smell delicious, so starting tomorrow I will have that to drink (instead of the hot chocolate leftover from camping that I've been indulging in). I've also trained my 10 year old to make coffee in the morning (actually, she begs me to let her), so I have been having a much healthier version than I had been getting from the corner store! 

I think I've got a good plan for the week, I just need to make sure to take things out of the freezer the night before and set a daily alarm to remind me it's time to start dinner!

What's on your menu for the week? Do you happen to have a really good recipe for liver and onions? It's one thing my mom never forced us to eat growing up, so I've never actually tasted it ~ just scared to try it, much less make it myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment